What may cause discrepancies between the reports?
Any time there’s a distinction between the Profit and Loss and a Sales by Item Summary report it signifies that the 2 software programs are reporting totally different information. This may be on account of transactions which might be lacking both in QuickBooks Point of Sale of QuickBooks Financial. Another trigger is transactions that don’t report back to earnings or an unexpectedly mapped account.
These steps ought to be carried out on the QuickBooks Point of Sale Server and utilizing Excel:
How to find the Discrepancies:
In QuickBooks Point of Sale run the Sales element Report.
- Go to the Reports drop down on the top of the display screen.
- Click on Sales.
- Click Detail.
- Make certain only the columns for Date, Receipt #, Receipt Type, Full Name, QTY Sold, Total and Payment are seen,
- If you have to add or take away columns click on the Modify button on the highest of the report.
- Click Add or Remove Columns
- Ensure solely the above columns have a check mark subsequent to it. and in the identical order as above. (you may drag and drop the names to the proper order if want be)
- Click Save
- Click Run
- Once the report reveals you all of the columns you need click on the button that claims Excel. An excel unfold sheet will open up with the info from the report.
- Delete Rows 1 through 5 in order that the info headers begin on row 1.
- Highlight all of the cells on this spreadsheet. To do that clicking the grey triangle Icon on the high left of the spread sheet.
- Choose the Sort and Filter Icon on the right of the display screen.
- Select Custom Sort
- Make certain there’s a Check in My data has headers
- In the Sort by drop down select Receipt #. leave all different fields as defaulted
- Click OK
- Minimize this and open QuickBooks Financial.
In QuickBooks Financial (Pro, Premier or Enterprise) open a Customer Transaction Detail report.
- Go to Reports on the top of the display screen.
- Scroll down and select Custom Reports.
- Select Transaction Detail.
- The Modify Report display screen will likely be displayed.
- Set the date range to match the report date range that you just selected in Point of Sale.
- Click the Filters tab. *See animation beneath
- Under Choose Filter choose Detail Level.
- Put a mark next to Summary Only.
- Choose the following filter Transaction type.
- Choose Multiple Transaction Types.
- Place check marks subsequent to Sales Receipt and Invoice.
- Click OK to take you again to the Filters tab.
- Click OK once more to take you to the report.
- Click the Excel button on the high of the display screen.
- Choose Create New Worksheet.
- Make positive the choice is Create a brand new worksheet and in new workbook are chosen
- Click Export.
Prepare the exported Excel file to be contrasted.
- Open the Excel File that was exported out of QuickBooks Financial.
- Delete line 2, which is a spacer by clicking on the Number 2 on that row, proper click on and select Delete. All the cells ought to shift up.
- Go to the Column Labeled Memo and spotlight the entire column.
- On your keyboard hit the CTRL + F key to carry up the Find Window.
- Click on the Tab that claims Replace.
- In the Find What field sort in POS Receipt#.
- Leave the Replace With field clean.
- Click Replace All
- Click Close on the Find and Replace display screen.
- The Memo column’s numbers ought to match the receipt # column from the Excel exported from Point of Sale
- Highlight Columns D by X.
- Choose the Sort and Filter Icon on the proper of the display screen.
- Select Custom Sort.
- Make positive there’s a Check in My knowledge has headers.
- In the Sort by drop down select Memo.
- Click OK
- Copy all of the highlighted columns by proper clicking and selecting Copy.
- Open up the Excel file that was exported from QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Comparing the Data:
By shifting the info exported out of QuickBooks and pasting into the info exported from Point of Sales it is possible for you to to match the Memo Column to the receipt # column to find lacking transactions.
- The Data exported out from Point of Sale ought to fill Columns A by N
- Click on the Cell at Column U row 1 (U1).
- Right click on and paste. This ought to fill within the knowledge from the QuickBooks export.
- Once this has been performed, Column D needs to be Receipt # and Column AC needs to be Memo.
- Click into the Cell at Column R row 2 (R2)
- In the R2 cell Type in =IF(D2=AC2, “Match”, “False”)
- Hit Enter
- If the Cell D2 matches Cell AC R2 will say Match, if it doesn’t it is going to say False
- Highlight the R2 cell once more.
- In the underside proper hand nook of the cell there’s a small sq. name a Handle transfer your mouse pointer above that click on and drag the deal with down till the underside of the record. * See animation beneath to see utilizing handles
- Once you attain the underside of your record and launch Cells within the R column will say both Match or False.
- Return to the highest of the report then scroll down till you see the primary False
- Make observe of the receipt quantity in Column D and AC and find if the info to the fitting or left of column R must be moved right down to make the following Match.
- Highlight the Data on the Row to the fitting or left of R then proper click on and Choose insert.
- If it asks, select the choice to transfer the Data down this may go away a clean line and the Number in AC or D ought to line up with the following line which hopefully has an identical quantity. If not it’s possible you’ll must insert a number of traces till they match up.
- Once you may confirm the Cells D and AC match spotlight the final cell in column R that also says match to get a deal with again
- Double click on the deal with, which ought to fill down the components once more and assist you to scroll by for any extra lacking receipt numbers.
- Repeat these steps till either side of the report are lined up and the one traces that say false are ones the place one aspect of the report has a clean line.
- Each clean line within the report signifies a transaction that’s in a single software program report however not the opposite.
- Locate a receipt # on a row that has a False on it.
- Take that receipt quantity, find it within the Sales History in QuickBooks Point of Sale and spotlight it.
- Click I Want To
- Select Show Financial Detail.
- A display screen will show displaying the transactions that Point of Sale despatched to QuickBooks monetary.
- If the textual content of those transactions are black that signifies that transaction was deleted in QuickBooks monetary and Point of Sale cannot find it.
- If the textual content is a blue hyperlink which means the transaction has been discovered, you may double click on on the hyperlink to open in QuickBooks.
- If there is no such thing as a textual content which means the receipt was not despatched to QuickBooks, that is both as a result of it was a reversed transaction, a brand new transaction that has not had an opportunity to be despatched but, or a $0.00 transaction that has no impact on accounts in QuickBooks.
- If the transaction is in QuickBooks Financial however not in Point of Sale that signifies the Receipt was put manually into QuickBooks or got here from a distinct Point of Sale file.
- After figuring out the rationale for the distinction between the 2 applications then a choice may be made to find out what must performed to repair.
- Either ship or re-send the monetary alternate by marking the Resend this doc possibility throughout the subsequent monetary alternate on the Financial element display screen
- Manually alter in QuickBooks monetary.
- Note the distinction and motive so in future it may be defined if no updates are most well-liked.